1. Application must be completed before May 19, 2013.
2. At the top of every page submitted, please write the first initial of your last name followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number. (e.g. if you name is John Doe and your SS# is 123-45-6789, your “application code” would be D6789).
3. You must include a copy of your high school/college transcript with this application.
4. Parts 3 - 5 should be typed, single spaced in a separate document, printed and submitted with the rest of the application (with the application code written at the top right of every page). Your essays should not include your name or your parents names.
5. Attach a copy of your parents and/or your last year’s tax return(s), whichever is applicable. (Usually IRS form 1040 or 1040A.)
6. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available online. Submit a copy of your FAFSA application. Also, attach the Student Aid Report (SAR) or a SAR Acknowledgement that is sent to you after completing the FAFSA which includes your EFC (Expected Family Contribution).
7. Request one letter of recommendation from a teacher (fill in Application Code & your name prior to giving it to your teacher).
8. DO NOT WRITE YOUR NAME ANYWHERE IN THE APPLICATION EXCEPT IN PART 1
1. All applications will be reviewed on a blind-basis. Part 1 & Part 2 (including FAFSA, EFC, tax returns, etc.) will be separated from the rest of your application and reviewed separately. Reviewers of Parts 3 – 6 will not know the applicants name when reviewing.
2. All information will be confidential and not shared with any third-parties or distributed, except to individuals on the Auxiliary Committee and the S.V.S. (Balaji) Temple Board of Trustees.
3. Incomplete applications or applications that do not follow the instructions outlined above may be removed from consideration.
4. Applications of scholarship recipients are subject to further validation as to the accuracy of submitted information. Any incorrect information may result in disqualification.
5. All scholarship recipients must be continuously enrolled in an accredited college program during the scholarship period, maintain a minimum B average and have no criminal record.